About The Artist
The site features original Landscape Paintings, Figurative Works and Prints from Chicago artist Benjye Troob. She now splits her time between Scottsdale and Cape Cod which has been an inspiration for many of her recent works. Benjye’s dynamic style has made her a favorite among collectors in the United States and Europe. Vibrant colors, rhythmic movements and overlapping shapes throughout her paintings invite the viewer into an exciting and expressive world of art. Ms. Troob studied art in New York and Chicago and remains an avid student of “life figure drawing” which is a continual inspiration for her work.
For many years now, one of my favorite places to go is the drop–in live model drawing studio. I especially love the quick action poses where I create gestural overlapping figures using a combination of pastel, charcoal and acrylics paints. Often, with a wet paint brush, I blend colors to create different effects to the drawings. I finish many in my studio and frame or shrink wrap them for clients to purchase. They become beautiful pieces of artwork that are in homes and businesses throughout the US, Canada, Europe and Asia.
My landscape paintings have been inspired by my travels and my time in Arizona and Cape Cod. I have incorporated into these works my love of color, line, movement and shape. My intention is to place the viewer “inside” the landscape rather than viewing it from the “outside” looking in. Recently, many of my paintings are of the Arizona desert and sunsets as well as the seashores and marshes of Cape Cod. The desert light and coastal colors of blues, greens and yellow hues have deeply influenced these works.
Many of my Landscape Paintings and Figurative Artworks are available in “GICLEE” Prints, a French word meaning “ to spray” . These are the finest quality fine art printing available today. Using Epson Stylus Pro inkjet printers along with use of archival pigmented inks, they are printed on archival paper or canvas that is coated. They are available in Open Editions and/or Limited Editions, signed and numbered prints.
- 2020 – Present, Garvin Rita Art & Antiques, East Orleans, MA
- 2019 – Present, Trove Cape Cod, Orleans, MA
- 2016 – Present, Jackson Junge Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 2006 – 2021, H. Marion Studio, Glenview and Wilmette, IL
- 2008 – 2013, Lotton Gallery, Chicago, IL
- 2001 – 2007, AnamArt Gallery, Naperville, IL
- 2005, Gallery Vital, Chicago, IL
- 2000 – 2001, Gruen Galleries, Chicago IL
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2015 Honorable Mention “Body of Work” Show, Arizona Artist Guild, Phoenix AZ
- 2015 Honorable Mention “Gilbert Fine Art Show”, Gilbert, AZ
- 2006 Certificate of Merit “2006 Highland Park Art Walk”, Highland Park, IL
- 2005 National Walk-a-Thon Logo, Student National Medical Association
- 2003 Honorable Mention “Woman’s Works”, Northwest Area Council, Woodstock, IL
- 2001 Purchase Award “Woman’s Works”, Northwest Area Council, Woodstock, IL
- 1999 Award of Excellence, National Art Festival, Northbrook, IL
AWARDS & HONORS
- 1998 “Native American Panel” Labax Foundation Mural